Auto Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Auto Insurance Information
Providing Auto Insurance with a Personal Touch in Worcester, MA
Working with Knight-Dik Insurance Agency
The agents at Knight-Dik want to help you set up a policy that meets your needs. As an independent agency, we can compare the policy offerings of multiple insurers to help you determine which one suits you specifically. We will help you settle on an insurance provider with a strong reputation and the ability to handle complicated claims.
We understand that you might have a budget in mind for coverage. You need to be able to afford your insurance, after all. Our agents can help you get the correct price for your policy by balancing your deductible and coverage levels. We will also help you find out if you qualify for various forms of policy savings.
Is it illegal to drive a car without insurance in MA?
Yes, Massachusetts requires all car owners and drivers to purchase car insurance.
What are the auto insurance requirements for MA?
Auto insurance protects you against financial loss if you have an accident. It is a contract between you and the insurance company. You agree to pay the premium and the insurance company agrees to pay your losses as defined in your policy.
Auto insurance requirements for Massachusetts:
- Bodily Injury to others: Required amounts - $20,000 per person and $40,000 per accident.
- Personal Injury Protection (PIP): $8,000 per person.
- Bodily Injury Caused by Uninsured Motorist/Auto: $20,000 per person and $40,000 per accident.
- Damage Caused to Other Property: $5,000 per accident.
An auto insurance policy is comprised of roughly eight different kinds of coverage. Massachusetts does not require the following coverage but you can purchase Collision, Comprehensive, Rental as well as Towing and Labor. If you're financing a car, your lender is likely to require these additional coverage options.
Most auto policies are for six months or a year. Your insurance company should notify you by mail when it's time to renew the policy and to pay your premium.
Why do you need auto insurance?
It's really all about protecting yourself financially.
- If you're in an accident or your car is stolen, it costs money, often a lot of money, to fix or replace it.
- If you or any passengers are injured in an accident, medical costs can be extremely expensive.
- If you or your car is responsible for damage or injury to others, you may be sued for much more than you're worth.
- Not only is having insurance a prudent financial decision, many states require you to have at least some coverage.
Questions to ask your agent
Your Independent Agent is an advocate for finding auto insurance that meets your specific needs. Here are a few things to consider as you prepare for the discussion:
- How much can you afford to pay if you get in an accident? To keep premiums low you may want to have a higher deductible and be willing to pay more for repairs. Knight-Dik works with multiple carriers on your behalf to find you the best policy to fit your needs and budget.
- What is the insurance company's level of service and ability to pay claims?
- What discounts are available? Our carriers offer discounts for good driver, multiple policy and student discounts.
- What's the procedure for filing and settling a claim? Ask who to call and what happens after you file a claim.
Additional Car Insurance Resources